Some people are attracted to the possible earnings generated by having granny flats in their residences. Granny flats are ideal for young adults who wish to be self-reliant. They can stay in your granny flats while they find a job and pay for their own rent. It is also a great addition if you want to offer it as a retirement home for elders. As a result, businesses like http://www.vanhomes.com.au/ have committed themselves in crafting quality, but economical, granny flats for Australians.
Granny flats have been populating the Australian marketplace these days. Homeowners wish to have a little nook where they can have a personal workplace, a personal sanctuary, or an additional source of income. They also want to continue having close ties with ageing parents.
But, just like any other home in Australia, granny flats are not excused from using energy. That is why it is important to design your granny flats in an eco-friendly manner.
Take a look at these recommendations to make your granny flats eco-friendly:
1. Save water — For your granny flat to be self-sufficient, advocate rainwater collection. No need to toss water that you use for cleaning your clothing or your vegetables when it can have another pupose, and that is to clean your automobiles or even flush your toilet.
2. Use natural sunlight — When you tap this natural source, you can light up your house and use your devices without paying for greater energy costs. It is an excellent means to make your granny flat to be self-sufficient.
3. Insulate and opt for sustainable materials — Insulation is a need for all houses. A minimum of R2.5 ceiling insulation is perfect for many houses in Australia. Installing insulation boards, thermal and acoustic insulation, and even double glazed windows may do the trick.
How to have a granny flat in your residential property
For you to have the best granny flat there is, here are a couple of pointers you need to remember:
- Find a trusted professional whom you can rely on, like VanHomes. This is for you to guarantee top-quality outcomes, even if your granny flat has a basic design. You can visit them at http://www.vanhomes.com.au/ to know more about their products.
- Think about the expense of granny flats. As a rule of thumb, keep in mind that opting for basic styles means saving on expenses. Furthermore, you can ask your contractor if you can get a discount when buying granny flat homes.
- Make sure that your backyard has adequate area for a granny flat. You should also consider structures that might be displaced once you install a granny flat. Do you have a swimming pool, trees, and plants that may hinder you from having a granny flat? Figure out the size of the granny flat and which location you wish to construct it.
- You should also understand the policies set by the federal government on developing a granny flat. These consist of the minimum home size and the needed range of the flat from trees and other structures.
Creating granny flats depends upon their function. If you wish to use the area as an office, you need to think of what you require while working. If you transform it to a rental workplace, then think of what your prospective renters will require once they move in.
Granny flats are not simply for prospective financial investment functions alone. You can allocate an area in your backyard and have a granny flat all set to serve as guests units. For more details, you may visit http://www.vanhomes.com.au/ today.